"Out Loud for Outlook", developed by Nathan Carlson for Outlook 2007 using Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Microsoft Office, allows you to create a new Outlook rule that reads your designated email out loud when it triggers. You can also use speech recognition command & control, to open and navigate through your emails.
On the Code Gallery
website, the source code is available as of February 1, 2008. Nathan's sample demonstrates:
- Basics of developing an Outlook 2007 Add-in.
- Consuming Outlook events.
- Accessing e-mails.
- Creating a Custom Action for Outlook rules.
- Using Speech Synthesis.
- Using Speech Recognition.
* If you are seeking full-fledged speech recognition integration with Outlook, we highly recommend Adondo's PAL.
Labels: automated speech recognition, Microsoft, Out Loud, Outlook, source code, Visual Studio 2008